Register now for the second SUBMARINER conference "Better off Blue" taking place in Berlin, Germany on 27–28 September 2017! The conference aims to unite actors from the public, private and research domain working towards a blue bioeconomy throughout the Baltic Sea Region to showcase advances, to create synergies and stimulate active cooperation between the multitude of ongoing projects and initiatives in the region.
The conference is organised jointly by the SUBMARINER Network and the Ministry for Energy Transition, Agriculture, Environment, Nature and Digitalization of Schleswig-Holstein in the framework of Baltic Blue Growth. Co-organiser is the Maritime Institute in Gdańsk in the framework of the project InnoAquaTech. The conference is held in cooperation with the other SUBMARINER Network projects Baltic Blue Biotechnology Alliance, Smart Blue Regions and MUSES and with the kind support of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Employment, Technology and Tourism Schleswig-Holstein and the Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management.
The cross-cutting topics:
- The Baltic Sea Region’s blue bioeconomy in the European context;
- Fostering innovation and building new business models in the blue bioeconomy;
- Changing markets for marine protein sources in feed;
- Maritime Spatial Planning for Sustainable Blue Economies;
- Financing environmental services;
- Smart specialisation and the blue economy;
- Nutrient mining in the Baltic Sea – a driver for regional development;
- Creating added value in RAS aquaculture through innovative technology integration;
- Marine biobased materials and chemicals.
Confirmed keynote speakers include: