Senior Project Acquisition and Implementation Manager
We are looking for a new project manager to complement our management team based in Berlin that deals with the development and implementation of transnational EU funded projects (Interreg, Horizon, BBI-JU programmes) as well as direct assignments from the European Commission and other international bodies. With the round of new EU funding programmes about to be launched soon, we expect the successful candidate to be able to independently lead a full application process from an initial idea to a full proposal, while benefitting from the long term experience of the s.Pro / SUBMARINER team. Depending on the exact profile of the candidate, it is at same time expected that he/she takes over senior management tasks in our currently running projects and/or initiatives.
We look for a candidate, who has already gained several years of professional experience in developing and managing EU-funded projects and other assignments (e.g. technical studies) and has a keen interest in developing a project portfolio in SDG / EU Green Deal related issues. Background knowledge and/or experience in working with marine topics; especially science-business-policy communication as well as interest in the issues specific to the Baltic Sea region is regarded as an asset, but not a must. The ideal candidate should have managerial ambitions, possess excellent coordination, organisational as well as communication skills and the ability to work in multi-cultural environment. We look for a highly motivated person, who wants to join us on a long-term basis in order to induce the societal change, which is necessary to lead to sustainable solutions. As such the selected candidate should also pro-actively seek new project opportunities in the overarching field of the blue economy and related areas (e.g. marine protection, circular economy, regional development). The candidate should be confident to work independently but also feel comfortable as part of the team with other staff members as well as project partners. Most importantly we look for someone, who is curious, open-minded, flexible and willing to continuously learn new things within short time periods.
The position requires travelling throughout Europe (normally – pre-COVID - approximately a few days once every two months).
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Relevant university degree (e.g. marine biology, environmental management, economics, international project / NGO management, public and/or business administration, spatial planning);
- Prior leadership experience with applications/ proposal development for and management of EU-funded projects is required, experience with international funding programmes (e.g. World Bank, GIZ) is considered an asset;
- Excellent German and English are a prerequisite; another EU language would be an asset;
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to elaborate reports, studies and presentations; facilitation and moderation of various meeting formats
- Solid computer skills (MS Office – esp. PowerPoint, Excel); experience with CMS website management (esp. Joomla) would be an asset.
- Previous experience in the working in the field of marine policy / blue growth / aquaculture / coastal and ocean governance; or comparable types of networks/clusters/NGOs will be considered an asset
Starting date: Summer 2021
Duration: The assignment does not have a fixed end date.
Remuneration: s.Pro will offer the successful candidate an attractive salary equivalent to her / his experience and competencies. On top s.Pro applies a reward system for senior management staff for successful project acquisitions. Please indicate your salary expectation in your job application.
Location: ideally Berlin, Germany (can be negotiated)
Working Hours: Full-Time (can be negotiated)
Legal requirements for the employment: Legal requirements for working in Germany must be fulfilled. In view of regular processing times by the German immigration office and the scheduled start of the assignment, EU nationals and those with a valid work permit for Germany are encouraged to apply. s.Pro is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Process: Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. We will only consider those who meet the listed requirements. If you want to learn more about the position, you may also get in touch with us via phone (contact person: Angela Schultz-Zehden).