Smart Blue Regions project workshop ‘Offshore wind energy supply chain – future outlook for technologies and cooperation’
Hosts: GSG Towers, Pomorskie Association in EU and Maritime Institute in Gdańsk
Objective: to explore and define possibilities of transnational cooperation among entrepreneurs representing offshore industry in the Baltic Sea Region making use of RIS3 processes and EU funding.
- Themes for future offshore industry cooperation in the transnational value chain in the BSR;
- Paths of cooperation: possibilities and challenges;
- Initiation of new B2B relations.
Target groups: offshore industry entrepreneurs from shipyards, ship design offices, steel and engine producers etc., regional administration representing project regions (SBR partners).
25 th April: 19:00 – 21:00 Networking dinner hosted by organisers
26 th April:
09:00 – 10:30 Introduction: purpose, presentation of participants and topics of interests
10:30 – 12:00 Parallel or joint session on exploring possible future cooperation
12:00 – 13:30 Networking lunch
13:30 – 15:00 Parallel or joint session on exploring possible future cooperation
15:00 – 16:00 Gdańsk shipyards tour
Topics to be explored (the below list is not exhaustive):
- Constructions: Wind Towers (design, optimization), Substation (concept design, design optimization, modular design), Foundation (new designs, new functionalities)
- Vessels: Seabed Preparation (offshore cabling / foundations, port / inland waterways dredging, deep sea mining), Installation Vessels (land-based vs. offshore assembly, direct delivery of components, purpose-built installation vessel – jack-up’s), Service Vessels (mother vessel accommodations, transfer vessels, service parts transport)
- Wind Farm Efficiency: Concept Design (turbines / substations / grid layout), Decommissioning of Constructions (modularity, recycling, new use), Multi-use of Constructions (aquaculture, biomass, energy storage, marine hydro kinetics, wave)
- Autonomous Operations (surveying, Operation & Maintenance)
The meeting's formula will be tailored to the needs of the participants, whose expectations will be collected during registration for the workshop. Registration is open from 2nd March till 10th April 2018: Google registration form