European Economy week 2019
Engaged in circular bioeconomy? On the 24 – 28 of June, 2019 you might join in an event that will deal with a new bioeconomy that unites the interests of society, agriculture and industry.
A front-runner region
Central Denmark Region has become an international centre of excellence within bioeconomy. This is due to an outstanding cooperation between large international companies in the region, SMEs, agricultural organisations, regional municipalities and knowledge institutions.
Through development programmes, Central Denmark Region supports SME’s in the development of new biobased products. This support is offered in close collaboration with cluster and knowledge institutions like Seges, Agro Business Park and Aarhus University.
Event with practical experiences and interdisciplinary research
Knowledge institutions, companies and municipalities in Central Denmark Region have joined forces with European collaborators to hold a European bioeconomy week in June 2009. The event will include:
- Discussions with leading European and national politicians, officials and scientific advisors on how society can apply circular bioeconomy
- A scientific conference with the participation of outstanding researchers in circular bioeconomy
- Visits to research facilities, companies and municipalities in Central Denmark Region who are actively engaged in bioeconomy solutions
- European Bioeconomy Venture Forum providing possibility for presenting projects or products for possible investors
- BISC-E: Biobased Innovation Student Challenge Europe
- Opportunities to hold your own event
It is possible to participate in specific events only.
Expected participants include researchers working with production and processing of land based and marine biomasses. Companies engaged in bioeconomy (agriculture, food, energy, technology etc.). Officials at European, national and local levels. Advisors and representatives from agricultural and industrial organisations. A section is devoted to investors, SMEs and start-ups; another section is devoted to student competitions.
The European Bioeconomy week 2019 will take place in Viborg. The event will benefit from facilities at Aarhus University in Foulum and Agro Business Park.
Expression of interest:
If you are interested in joining this event, please express your interest via this link. We will then keep you updated.