Fucosan project conference: ALGAE BIOACTIVE COMPOUNDS – FROM RESEARCH TO INNOVATION
After three years of successful collaboration, the partners of the FucoSan project are holding their second conference in
Kiel, Germany, to share our experience and to offerthe opportunity to discuss the potential of bioactive compounds with experts in this field.
During the course of two days, you are invited to present results of scientific research, and product development from algae bioactive compounds. The focus will be on scientific as well as on commercial aspects. We are looking forward to interesting talks and posters to be presented and discussed among experts in the fields of biotechnology, marine research and product development.
Of course we hope to meet in person in August. Should the Corona situation prevent this, a digital solution will be organised.
Tuesday, 25th August 2020
- Keynote lecture: Nathalie Bourgougnon, University of South Brittany, France Laboratory of Marine Biotechnology and Chemistry.
"Physiology of seaweeds cell wall: extraction characterization of seaweeds cell wall, analysis of biochemical composition"
- Plenary session 1
"Prospects of algae cultivation, collection and extraction"
- Plenary session 2
"Biological activities of algae compounds and their opportunities in research"
- Poster session on topics from plenary 1 and 2
Wednesday, 26th August 2020
- Keynote lecture: Trond Helgerud, Seaweed R&D Manager, Dupont Nutrition & Bioscience hos DuPont, Norge.
"DuPont Nutrition and Health"
- Plenary session 3
"Possibilities and pitfalls of commercialisation of algae compounds"
- Plenary session 4
- Poster session on topics from plenary 3 and 4
- Panel discussion
Call for papers
We are calling for abstracts on scientific and commercial topics. These abstracts can be submitted for open talks or for posters.
- Abstracts should be of a maximum of 500 words.
- Poster should be max. 120 cm height x 85 cm width.