BIOPROSP is held every two years with a focus on bioprospecting from marine environments. It takes place in the capital of the Arctic world, a university town in northern Norway called Tromsø. The conference was first organized in 2002 and over the past 14 years has become one of the most knowledge-rich conferences in the field of marine bioprospecting, attracting top talent from Europe and abroad. The next BIOPROSP Conference will take place 8-10 March 2017, at UiT - The Arctic University of Norway.
BIOPROSP aims to unite scientists with industry representatives in an effort to translate basic research into applied research with industrial application. The marine environment has been described as the last untapped resource in discovering new and unique bioactive molecules with potential to lead to significant advancement in a variety of commercial applications. Join leading speakers from academia and industry in order to discover what's new and what's next in the ever-evolving world of marine bioprospecting. Originally initiated by the MABIT Programme, BIOPROSP is made possible with the continued cooperation of universities, R&D institutions and industry representatives.
- BIOPROSP is an international conference with representatives from over 30 countries
- Multidisciplinary, with decision makers from industries such as biotech, medicine, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmecutical
- Attracts top scientists in the field as well as representatives from public support systems
- Provides networking opportunities with over 300 researchers, industry representatives, and entrepreneurs
- Offers pre-conference workshops involving hands-on experience in an intimate atmosphere
- Connected to a PhD course in bioprospecting at UiT - The Arctic University of Norway
- Sponsors scholarships for conference attendance to 5 lucky PhD candidates
- Invites delegates to present scientific posters within each session, featuring a handful of oral presentations
- Includes a dedicates poster session with a prize for the best poster
- Features a rich social program including snowshoeing, dogsledding, northern lights, a welcome party, dinner, dancing, and more!
- Located amongst the incredible surroundings of Northern Norway during the peak visibility season of northern lights