Join us on 26-27 August @ the EU4Ocean Baltic Ocean Literacy Event!
Let’s make the Baltic Sea Blue!
EU4Ocean Coalition: Baltic Sea Basin Event on Ocean Literacy
26 August (10:00 – 13:00 CEST) and 27 August (10:00 – 17:00 CEST)
The EU4Ocean Coalition is organising its second Sea Basin Event in the Baltic Sea this time, on the 26th and the 27th of August of 2021, fully online. The EU4Ocean Coalition specific audience - members of the EU4Ocean Platform, Youth4Ocean Forum and the Network of European Blue Schools - will play a key role in the organisation and programme of the event. The Event will give visibility to all relevant Baltic ocean communities, including schools and pupils, teachers and marine science educators, stakeholders from marine related sectors, NGOs and conservationists, youth, policymakers and government representatives, public institutions, researchers and academia, entrepreneurs, other ocean professionals as well as citizens interested in the Baltic marine environment. The Event will have an additional specific focus on Baltic Youth as well as Baltic Blue Schools, allowing direct networking with policymakers and ocean professionals. All times in the agenda are in CEST and the language will be English. Together, we will gather key Baltic Ocean Literacy stakeholders to share our knowledge of and passion for the Baltic Sea!
Programme 26 August 2021
10:00 – 13:00 CEST
- High-level opening
- Conversation with key Baltic Ocean Professionals
- Pitching Contest: Baltic Young Ocean Advocates
- A Youth Perspective on Baltic Ocean Literacy
- Closing Session: Collection of #MakeEUBlue Pledges
Programme 27 August 2021
10:00 – 17:00 CEST
- Advancing Ocean Literacy in the Baltic – ways forward
- Session 1: Bringing the Sea to the School – EU Blue Schools in the Baltic
- Session 2: From Plans to Action with Baltic Youth
- Session 3: Engaging with wider public and businesses in the Baltic - #MakeBalticBlue Campaign
- European Blue Schools in the Baltic: Teachers Training Workshop